Friday, March 21, 2008

Palm Sunday

It is Palm Sunday...one of my very favorite days in the Church Calendar.

The crowd cheering the coming Messiah, Deliverer. The masses glimpse the freedom from bondage they so desperately crave. Of course, they fail to see that their bondage to the Romans was nothing compared to their spiritual bondage--the very bondage Jesus came to deliver them from.

I get chills when I think about my Jesus--eyes, arms, and heart open wide--pushing through the crowd of excited Jews and Gentiles alike. All rightfully praising His name. All the while the Pharisees look on with scorn. I imagine Jesus seeing them out of the corner of His eye, and His smile growing broader knowing that this outpouring of love so bothered them. I strain to imagine the energy (maybe even that of the Holy Spirit) buzzing in the air when Jesus answers their rebuke with: "...the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:40)

Can you imagine? Not only will every knee bow, and even tongue confess that Jesus Chris is Lord, but all of God's creation--the stones themselves--will declare the sovereignty of my Jesus! The same Jesus that has granted me the rights as His Co-heir!
I LOVE Palm Sunday!!!

Always Remember: "Whose you are, and at what cost."

No comments: