Thursday, August 2, 2007

In the beginning

Not that I'm worthy of starting in the same way as the Bible, it is just that I felt it was strangely appropriate.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to stop by and take a look at "Controversial Christianity". It's not that I want to be particularly 'controversial', hateful, or even augmentative; it's just that from time-to-time it seems to me that we need to shaken up. We need to question what we believe, and why we believe it. No, I'm not taking about the fundamentals of Christianity, rather the things that divide us into different groups--worshiping the same God. I'm also talking about the things that seem taboo in today's worship service, or smoothed over in Bible study (if not completely ignored).

Without a doubt, what I will post here will be controversial, but then by its very definition, I have (at least partially) achieved my goal. I don't mind 'raising your ire' if you are thinking through your

Oh, there is one more reason why I decided to create this blog--for years now many of these things have been rolling around in my head. This give me a place to get them out of my head and into the world. With all the above in mind, please feel free to post your comments, observations, and/or thoughts. I would hope that this can develop into a somewhat interactive medium.

Well, that's it for now...nothing really controversial this time. I'll save that for my first real post.

Always remember 'Whose you are and at what cost'

No comments: